Deadline: 1 May 2017
Open to: national and international specialists dealing with energy and environment
Venue: 9-21 July 2017 in Baku, Azerbaijan
BAKU SUMMER ENERGY SCHOOL (BSES) is an annual two-week certificate program of the Caspian Center for Energy and Environment (CCEE) of ADA University held in July in partnership with the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), British Petroleum in Azerbaijan and ExxonMobil. It brings together world-renowned scholars, academicians and policy makers to examine and gain a better understanding of global energy and environment issues and their practical application. 11th Annual BAKU SUMMER ENERGY SCHOOL will take place on July 9-21, 2017.
The Baku Summer Energy School studies a wide range of issues:
- Fundamentals of Energy
- Energy Law
- Energy Economics
- Geopolitics of Energy
- Environmental Issues
- Strategic Management
- World renowned scholars in the field of energy and environment, such as: University of Oxford, Princeton University, Sciences‐Po, Russian Academy of Sciences, Total Professors Association, ADA University
- Ministers and heads of governmental agencies, such as: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Energy, Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources, Head of the State Oil Fund (SOFAZ), etc.
- Executives of (oil) companies such as SOCAR, TAP, BP, Exxon, TOTAL, Statoil, LUKOIL, etc.
BSES is organized for both national and international specialists dealing with energy and environment related issues:
- Mid-career professionals from energy companies
- Policy-makers and civil servants from governmental institutions, embassies and international organizations
- Scholars/journalists/graduate students focusing their research on energy and environmental issues
In no less than 250 and no more than 400 words, please describe your motivation for applying to this program. Tell us your future goals and career aspirations, and how the BSES program fits in with that vision. Both statement of purpose and scholarship application letters –if the applicant is seeking a scholarship- should be clearly written.
3. Scholarship Application Letter
CCEE offers limited number of scholarships. Please describe in the Scholarship Application Letter any special family/individual reasons for applying to the CCEE Financial Aid. This section cannot exceed 400 words (minimum 200 and maximum 400 words). It should be noted that the scholarships are limited, and range from 10 to 30 percent of the tuition fee.
4. Valid Passport copy for foreign citizens, and ID Card copy for local applicants
5. Passport sized photo of applicant
Incomplete applications, as well as applications submitted after the deadline, will not be considered.